With all the January gig and festival madness that had been happening, it’s easy to forget there are plenty more excellent shows to come in February and March. I’m expecting the down turn to hit about April/May, hopefully by then some local bands will be doing the rounds. All the following gigs are in chronological order, it’s just my layout that is all over the place, maybe its time for a facelift???
- Dappled Cities Fly are doing another quick tour in February, before they disappear back into the studio in sometime for work on album number 3, (Gee don’t these guys ever rest?) They are playing Oxford Arts Factory, on Wednesday 13th and Thursday the 14th (aww valentines day Dappled) of February, with Bluejuice, and The Seabellies supporting. Tickets are $16.50+bf and are available through Moshtix.
- Explosions in The Sky are here hooray! They are playing the Manning Bar on Friday the 15th of February. But it’s SOLD OUT I’m afraid. So if you have ticket, and you don’t want it, I’ll happily take the burden off your hands.
- Good Vibrations festival is on again in Centennial Park on the 16th of February headliners include The Rapture, Kayne West, Cypress Hill, and the Thievery Corporation. Tickets are available here from moshtix, $120 + bf.
- Sonic Youth are performing @ the Enmore Theatre. Playing their classic album Daydream Nation, as part of the Don’t Look Back, All Tomorrows Parties series in Sydney on 18th and 19th of February. The show on Monday the 18th is SOLD OUT but tickets are still available for the 19th, $66.60+bf available through Ticketek.
- Interpol are playing the Hordern Pavilion (I know the Hordern *groan*) on the 21st of February, tickets are $ 69 +bf through Ticketek.
- Comedian Daniel Kitson is in Sydney doing two sets of shows. Check his website for dates in other cities. First his new stand up, The Impotent Fury of the Privileged, from Sun 17 – Wed 27 February at The Factory Theatre. Tickets are $23 +bf. Then his new story show, The Ballad of Roger & Grace, at the Belvoir Street Theatre with singer/songwriter/guitarist Gavin Osborn from Sat 23 – Wed 27 February, this show I should add starts at 11pm, but the theatre is by the train station. Tickets aren’t on their website atm, so it might be best to give them a call.
- Dan Deacon is playing Oxford Arts Factory on the 22nd of February, tickets are $19+bf, through Moshtix.
- Stars are playing Spectrum on the 26th and 27th of February, tickets are $33+bf through Moshtix.
- Okkervil River are playing at the Manning Bar on the 27th of February, tickets are $38+bf through Moshtix.
- Broken Social Scene or Kevin Drew depending on which state you’re in is/are playing the Manning Bar in Sydney on the 28th of February, and tickets are $38+bf through Moshtix.
- Rap/Hip Hop outfit Cool Kids will bringing their awesome old skool sound to the Oxford Arts Factory on Saturday 29th of Feb tickets, $20 +bf through Moshtix.
- Feist playing the Metro on the 29th of February , she is now SOLD OUT. Don’t be too disappointed though. If you missed out like me, I’ve been hearing swirling rumours about a Feist + Stars harbour cruise gig. Here’s hoping that one pans out.
- The Laneway Festival back again with among others (deep breath)…
- Feist (!!!)
- Clap Your Hands Say Yeah
- Broken Social Scene (!!!)
- Okkervil River (!!!)
- Dan Deacon (!!!)
- Stars (!!!)
- Cool Kids (!!!)
- Manchester Orchestra
- Darren Hanlon- yay!
- The Basics – yay!
And this time Laneway is expanding to include Brisbane, and Adelaide, as well as Sydney and Melbourne. Sydney’s will be held on Sunday 2nd of March, and has now SOLD OUT. But tickets for other states are still available through Moshtix.
- Beirut is playing @ The Manning Bar on the 5th of March, tickets are $38+bf through Moshtix and we all know it will be gorgeous.
- If you like me kicking yourself that you missed Jens Lekmans solo show in January, you would should be pleased to note that Jens is touring with his band and playing at The Manning Bar (Gee, what’s up with all these shows on at the Manning Bar, who did Uni of Syd have to sleep with to score some of these indie heavyweights, it’s not even that good a venue), on the 8th of March tickets are $38+bf through Moshtix.
- Cat Power is coming back, and playing at the Enmore Theatre on the 9th of March, tickets are between $ 50-61.50+ bf through Ticketek, remember to double check the seating plan before buying your tickets.
- Iron & Wine is playing the Manning Bar in Sydney on 11th of March, the tickets are $40+bf through Moshtix.
- Múm who I have been dying to see live for years, have announced they are touring, playing the Manning Bar on the 18th of March, tickets $40+bf through Moshtix.
I am no doubt probably missing a few shows. In fact I know I am, here they are…
PJ Harvey (18th Feb), CYHSY (27th Feb), Ween (1st March), Chemical Brothers (7th March), Coco Rosie(8th March), Future of the Left (9th March), and Wilco (18th March).